Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ventura Sidecar Problems

I rely on Sidecar for my teaching. I have a 16" 2019 MacBook Pro, and a 9.7" iPad Pro. My MacBook is extended to the screen in the front of my room via USB-C to VGA adapter, and the iPad mirrors that secondary display.

I use the iPad so that I can be writing on the screen while facing the class, and moving around in it. Every now and then, the wireless connection would get a little wonky, but restarting one or both devices would fix that.

Since upgrading to Ventura (and iPad OS 16), Sidecar is completely nonfunctional wirelessly. It will sometimes show the screen on the iPad momentarily, but then it will immediately lose connection. As of right now, I can only use it while physically connected via a cable, which makes me stuck standing behind my desk. This is not ideal when teaching junior high math.

Has anyone else run into these issues?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 6:53 PM

It happend to me with my Macbook Air M1 with iPad Pro 12.9" Gen1 as sidecar.

The issue was solved after plugging my ipad to macbook directly with cable.

After plugging it and clicking on trust button(when you plug them, it asks whether you trust or not trust the ipad connected.), I now can use it without the cable just like before.

I don't know if it is the authorization problem or just a random connectivity issue, but I solved it with this method so give it a try!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2022 6:53 PM in response to ZackBer

It happend to me with my Macbook Air M1 with iPad Pro 12.9" Gen1 as sidecar.

The issue was solved after plugging my ipad to macbook directly with cable.

After plugging it and clicking on trust button(when you plug them, it asks whether you trust or not trust the ipad connected.), I now can use it without the cable just like before.

I don't know if it is the authorization problem or just a random connectivity issue, but I solved it with this method so give it a try!

Nov 2, 2022 7:17 AM in response to Peter Gøthgen

Peter Gøthgen wrote:

I rely on Sidecar for my teaching. I have a 16" 2019 MacBook Pro, and a 9.7" iPad Pro. My MacBook is extended to the screen in the front of my room via USB-C to VGA adapter, and the iPad mirrors that secondary display.

I use the iPad so that I can be writing on the screen while facing the class, and moving around in it. Every now and then, the wireless connection would get a little wonky, but restarting one or both devices would fix that.

Since upgrading to Ventura (and iPad OS 16), Sidecar is completely nonfunctional wirelessly. It will sometimes show the screen on the iPad momentarily, but then it will immediately lose connection. As of right now, I can only use it while physically connected via a cable, which makes me stuck standing behind my desk. This is not ideal when teaching junior high math.

Has anyone else run into these issues?

you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Use an iPad as a second display for a Mac - Apple Support

Ventura Sidecar Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.