Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Related Article: Make purchases using Apple Pay

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Added Apple pay by mistake.

I added Apple pay by mistake. How can I remove Apple Pay?

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 8:31 AM

We are not splitting hairs. We need to know exactly what you did to be able to help.

You just set up Apple Cash, but you don't actually have to use it if you don't want to.

If will just be there, but affects nothing and you have no obligation to use it.

You can of course just turn it off in Settings->Wallet & Apple Pay->Apple Cash, and turn it off.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2022 8:31 AM in response to Texas.Stargazer

We are not splitting hairs. We need to know exactly what you did to be able to help.

You just set up Apple Cash, but you don't actually have to use it if you don't want to.

If will just be there, but affects nothing and you have no obligation to use it.

You can of course just turn it off in Settings->Wallet & Apple Pay->Apple Cash, and turn it off.

Nov 2, 2022 7:08 AM in response to Texas.Stargazer

Added where?

Remove from where?

There's no way to add Apple Pay. It is a payment mechanism that exists by default always whether you use it or not

You can add a card to Wallet to use Apple Pay, and as such you can remove the card too, by opening Wallet, tapping on the card, then on the (...) icon and then on Card Details, then on Remove Card.

If that is not what you did, please explain exactly what you did, and why you think you need to remove it.

Nov 2, 2022 7:50 AM in response to Phil0124

Okay, we're splitting hairs here.

I did not "Add" Apple Pay, I "Setup" Apple Pay.

When I installed iOS 16 it asked me to "SetUp" Apple Pay.

It didn't give me an option to cancel, I had to select continue.

It said I successfully "Setup" Apple Pay and can now send and receive money and make purchases.

It show my Apple balance of $0.00.

I do not want to send or receive money or make purchases with Apple Pay.

Added Apple pay by mistake.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.