Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remove a watched movie

I watch movies and shows, on-line (Internet), via a Roku box. After I watch one, or if I just decide to remove it from my list, I can not find a way to do this. I can add, watch, anything but REMOVE it. How do I do this?

Apple TV

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 7:45 PM

The Apple TV app uses a queue list, called ‘Up Next’, for which you can add content manually, and it would also be added automatically when you start watching something in the app. It is not very suitable as a sort of library to collect titles in; it behaves fundamentally different than e.g. Netflix’s My List.

For movies, partially watched movies would stay in Up Next (with a progress bar). Titles watched until the end will be removed automatically.

For TV series (episodic content), partially watched episodes would stay in Up Next (with a progress bar). Episodes watched until the end will be removed automatically, and the next episode (if released) will be added automatically. If all released episodes have been watched, then the title will be removed/hidden from Up Next.

You may make manual edits (remove items one at a time) from the Watch Now screen/tab, then In Up Next.

If needed, all of Up Next will be cleared after doing ‘Clear Play History’ on any of your devices with the Apple TV app.

Apple TV app user guide for smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2022 7:45 PM in response to windowsisgreat

The Apple TV app uses a queue list, called ‘Up Next’, for which you can add content manually, and it would also be added automatically when you start watching something in the app. It is not very suitable as a sort of library to collect titles in; it behaves fundamentally different than e.g. Netflix’s My List.

For movies, partially watched movies would stay in Up Next (with a progress bar). Titles watched until the end will be removed automatically.

For TV series (episodic content), partially watched episodes would stay in Up Next (with a progress bar). Episodes watched until the end will be removed automatically, and the next episode (if released) will be added automatically. If all released episodes have been watched, then the title will be removed/hidden from Up Next.

You may make manual edits (remove items one at a time) from the Watch Now screen/tab, then In Up Next.

If needed, all of Up Next will be cleared after doing ‘Clear Play History’ on any of your devices with the Apple TV app.

Apple TV app user guide for smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple Support

remove a watched movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.