Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail item will not open when clicked

Hi I am having an issue with mac mail. The messages are all displayed but when I click on any message it will not open. Can anyone help. I can still open mail on my macbook

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 3:21 PM

Hello James Mcmullan1,

If you're using macOS Ventura on your iMac, you can follow the steps on this page: If you can’t open Mail on your Mac - Apple Support. If you have a different macOS on your iMac, click and choose the correct macOS from the drop-down list on that page and follow the steps.

If you can’t open Mail on your Mac
If you try to open a version of the Mail app that can’t be used on your Mac, an alert message is displayed.

Make sure the version of Mail you’re trying to open is located in the Applications folder. In the Finder, click Applications in the sidebar, then double-click Mail.

If the problem continues, contact Apple Support.

If you're experiencing other issues, check out the guidance offered on this page: Troubleshoot email problems in Mail on Mac - Apple Support.

Kind regards!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2022 3:21 PM in response to James Mcmullan1

Hello James Mcmullan1,

If you're using macOS Ventura on your iMac, you can follow the steps on this page: If you can’t open Mail on your Mac - Apple Support. If you have a different macOS on your iMac, click and choose the correct macOS from the drop-down list on that page and follow the steps.

If you can’t open Mail on your Mac
If you try to open a version of the Mail app that can’t be used on your Mac, an alert message is displayed.

Make sure the version of Mail you’re trying to open is located in the Applications folder. In the Finder, click Applications in the sidebar, then double-click Mail.

If the problem continues, contact Apple Support.

If you're experiencing other issues, check out the guidance offered on this page: Troubleshoot email problems in Mail on Mac - Apple Support.

Kind regards!

Mail item will not open when clicked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.