Related Article: Fast charge your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Documents folder not shown in Favorites

There is a My Docs in iCloud but not in Favorites. Why is this and how do I fix it? I am a brand new Mac user after using PC for 30 years.

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 6:37 AM

The folder at icloud.com is called iCloud Drive. This folder is also in your Mac's Finder sidebar and is also called iCloud Drive.

If this folder is not in your Finder sidebar read Apple's steps on how to set it up in: Set up iCloud Drive on all your devices

Set up iCloud Drive on your Mac

1 - On your Mac, do one of the following:

• macOS Ventura: Choose Apple menu  > System Settings, click [your name] at the top of the sidebar, click iCloud on the right, click iCloud Drive, then click Turn On.
  • macOS 12 or earlier: Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Apple ID, click iCloud, then select iCloud Drive.

2 - Click Options, then select any of the following:

• Desktop & Documents Folders: when you select this option, you can access the files on your desktop and in the Documents folder on any device that has iCloud Drive turned on. See the Apple Support article Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive.
  • An app: when you select an app, it can store data in iCloud.

3 - To view your iCloud Drive files and folders, open the Finder, then click iCloud Drive in the sidebar.

For more information on how to use iCloud Drive on your Mac, see Work with files and folders in iCloud Drive in the macOS User Guide.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2022 6:37 AM in response to davida135

The folder at icloud.com is called iCloud Drive. This folder is also in your Mac's Finder sidebar and is also called iCloud Drive.

If this folder is not in your Finder sidebar read Apple's steps on how to set it up in: Set up iCloud Drive on all your devices

Set up iCloud Drive on your Mac

1 - On your Mac, do one of the following:

• macOS Ventura: Choose Apple menu  > System Settings, click [your name] at the top of the sidebar, click iCloud on the right, click iCloud Drive, then click Turn On.
  • macOS 12 or earlier: Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Apple ID, click iCloud, then select iCloud Drive.

2 - Click Options, then select any of the following:

• Desktop & Documents Folders: when you select this option, you can access the files on your desktop and in the Documents folder on any device that has iCloud Drive turned on. See the Apple Support article Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive.
  • An app: when you select an app, it can store data in iCloud.

3 - To view your iCloud Drive files and folders, open the Finder, then click iCloud Drive in the sidebar.

For more information on how to use iCloud Drive on your Mac, see Work with files and folders in iCloud Drive in the macOS User Guide.

My Documents folder not shown in Favorites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.