Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can no longer group text since changing celll phone carriers. The group text is sent however on responses the group only sees me not the group?

With group texting those in group cannot see the group and only see me as the sender. iPhone 13.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 8:01 AM

All responses in a group SMS are sent as individual text messages and the recipients can’t see the other responses from the group.

Types of group text messages

There are three types of group messages that you might see: group iMessage, group MMS, and group SMS. The Messages app automatically chooses the type of group message to send based on settings, network connection, and carrier plan. For example:

• If you and your recipients are using Apple devices and iMessage is turned on, then the group message is sent as an iMessage.
  • If you send a group message to people who aren't using iMessage, then the message is sent as an MMS or SMS message.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2022 8:01 AM in response to kath157

All responses in a group SMS are sent as individual text messages and the recipients can’t see the other responses from the group.

Types of group text messages

There are three types of group messages that you might see: group iMessage, group MMS, and group SMS. The Messages app automatically chooses the type of group message to send based on settings, network connection, and carrier plan. For example:

• If you and your recipients are using Apple devices and iMessage is turned on, then the group message is sent as an iMessage.
  • If you send a group message to people who aren't using iMessage, then the message is sent as an MMS or SMS message.

I can no longer group text since changing celll phone carriers. The group text is sent however on responses the group only sees me not the group?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.