Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Non-music recordings on iTunes not available now on music app on Macbook

I had recordings in my iTunes library that I cannot see on my Macbook using the music app Can anyone help please?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 3:47 PM

If you migrated the library as a whole then Music should have all the same music content as the iTunes library it was derived from. If you imported the content into a new empty library then any untagged music, typically .wav files, would have imported as Unknown Artist/Unknown Album. In the Songs view of the library use View > Show Filter Field to enable a better search function. Type in part of the title of one of these recordings and see if anything shows up. If not you should be able to copy over the files manually and add them to your library.

tt2

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2022 3:47 PM in response to Lizspain

If you migrated the library as a whole then Music should have all the same music content as the iTunes library it was derived from. If you imported the content into a new empty library then any untagged music, typically .wav files, would have imported as Unknown Artist/Unknown Album. In the Songs view of the library use View > Show Filter Field to enable a better search function. Type in part of the title of one of these recordings and see if anything shows up. If not you should be able to copy over the files manually and add them to your library.

tt2

Non-music recordings on iTunes not available now on music app on Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.