Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My crash detection did go off when involved in a severe crash. How can I make it stop sending sos messages to my emergency contact?

When the crash detection goes off in a crash it sends a message to emergency contacts. Day after accident continues to text my emergency contact repeatedly. How to do I stop it from sending crash detection reports for a previous event. I just want to reset it and leave the function on to report if a future crash occurs.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 10:19 AM

The article does not address my question. How to I stop the constant alerts? The initial alert did the job of contacting my emergency contact and 911. A day later My emergency contact has now received 20+ alerts stating that I am in a crash. How can I make it stop alert the previous crash?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2022 10:19 AM in response to SravanKrA

The article does not address my question. How to I stop the constant alerts? The initial alert did the job of contacting my emergency contact and 911. A day later My emergency contact has now received 20+ alerts stating that I am in a crash. How can I make it stop alert the previous crash?

Nov 3, 2022 10:27 AM in response to somer17

I recognize this can be very frustrating so suggest going back to the article for instructions on how to turn OFF crash detection. Do it, and wait several minutes. Then turn it back on. If you are still getting messages after that, turn both your Watch and iPhone off … wait … then turn both on. The severity of the crash may have impacted one or both devices. If these suggestions do not work, then please contact Apple Support.

A side question - has your emergency contact responded to any of the alerts? If not, the system could be waiting for that.

I hope you are well.

My crash detection did go off when involved in a severe crash. How can I make it stop sending sos messages to my emergency contact?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.