Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music - songs greyed out on my playlist

Recently, some songs are greyed out on my playlist. If I clicked the song, region lock notification will pop out. But if I search those songs on Apple Music, they can be played. I don’t think it’s a region lock issue. Does anyone how to solve this?

iPhone XS

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 9:12 AM

Hi Kelsey_T,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that some songs are not able to be played once they have been added to your Apple Music library. To address this behavior, first make sure that you're running the latest software. This will ensure that you have the most recent performance fixes added.

If already updated or it continues after updating iOS, remove the song from your music library and add it back from the Apple Music catalog.

1. Open the Apple Music app.
2. Go to Library and tap Downloaded to see your downloads. On your iPad, tap Downloaded in the sidebar.
3. Find the song, album, or music video that you want to remove.
4. Touch and hold the item, then tap Remove.
5. Tap Remove Download to remove the item from only this device. Or tap Delete from Library to delete the item across all of your devices.

Delete music in the Apple Music app

2. Touch and hold a song, album, or playlist that you want to add to your library.
3. Tap Add to Library.
iPhone showing the menu to add a song to Library.
You can also add a song to your library by swiping left over the song and tapping the Add button Add button.

Add and download music from Apple Music

If this continues, contact Apple Support to investigate this issue.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2022 9:12 AM in response to Kelsey_T

Hi Kelsey_T,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that some songs are not able to be played once they have been added to your Apple Music library. To address this behavior, first make sure that you're running the latest software. This will ensure that you have the most recent performance fixes added.

If already updated or it continues after updating iOS, remove the song from your music library and add it back from the Apple Music catalog.

2. Go to Library and tap Downloaded to see your downloads. On your iPad, tap Downloaded in the sidebar.
3. Find the song, album, or music video that you want to remove.
4. Touch and hold the item, then tap Remove.
5. Tap Remove Download to remove the item from only this device. Or tap Delete from Library to delete the item across all of your devices.

Delete music in the Apple Music app

2. Touch and hold a song, album, or playlist that you want to add to your library.
3. Tap Add to Library.
iPhone showing the menu to add a song to Library.
You can also add a song to your library by swiping left over the song and tapping the Add button Add button.

Add and download music from Apple Music

If this continues, contact Apple Support to investigate this issue.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Regards.

Apple Music - songs greyed out on my playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.