Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatic message pop up on Apple Watch.

I've had my Apple Watch for all of four days now! I was really enjoying the fact that messages to my phone immediately came onto the watch, where I found it very easy to answer them. I woke up this morning and it no longer does that. What do I do to get this feature back?

thanks

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 2:21 PM

I believe messages work like notifications. Notifications appear on your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both. If your iPhone is unlocked, you get notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch. If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked. For more info, see:

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If that does not help try these steps:

If you can’t send or receive messages on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2022 2:21 PM in response to SSb321

I believe messages work like notifications. Notifications appear on your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both. If your iPhone is unlocked, you get notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch. If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked. For more info, see:

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If that does not help try these steps:

If you can’t send or receive messages on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Automatic message pop up on Apple Watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.