You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchasing a iPhone from Apple store

In past I’ve always purchased iPhone from cell phone carrier in Canada. How does it work when you buy from the Apple Store? Are these unlocked and does that mean I can use on any carrier?

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 6:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 6:52 PM

Yes, sold unlocked.

See Will my new iPhone be unlocked? in iPhone - Buying iPhone - Apple (US website).

The same page can be seen at the Canadian Apple website: iPhone - Buying iPhone - Apple (CA)

"Every iPhone you buy from us online or in an Apple Store is unlocked, with the exception of a few carrier financing options. With an unlocked iPhone, you’re free to go with the carrier of your choice."

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 3, 2022 6:52 PM in response to 123Questions123

Yes, sold unlocked.

See Will my new iPhone be unlocked? in iPhone - Buying iPhone - Apple (US website).

The same page can be seen at the Canadian Apple website: iPhone - Buying iPhone - Apple (CA)

"Every iPhone you buy from us online or in an Apple Store is unlocked, with the exception of a few carrier financing options. With an unlocked iPhone, you’re free to go with the carrier of your choice."

Purchasing a iPhone from Apple store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.