Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts to Maps are not working correctly on iPhone, iPad and MacBook Air

Been on the phone for an hour, escalated, at best, intermittent on iPad and iPhone. resets and removing apps don't solve it. Running IOS 15.7.1 and OS 12.6. They want me to install IOS 16 an OS 13. I don't have time to learn the new systems. The maps don't show icons and don't provide addresses when you click on the map pin icon. iPhone returns the contact name but no address and the error EDIT SEARCH NO RESULTS FOUND. MacBook no longer shows the map icon for the contact, when you hoover where it used to be, the map pin appears, clicking on it returns an error message that the document or URL cannot be opened. Call dropped with Mac tech, no return call!

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 12:29 PM

2 replies

Nov 6, 2022 2:07 PM in response to BrianB724

Hi BrianB724,

It seems you're having trouble launching Maps from Contacts and we want to help.

Is this happening on a specific contact? Is it happening on your iPhone and iPad or only on your Mac that it won't launch?

If it's only happening with a specific contact, you might write down all the information, delete the Contact and add everything back in carefully. This could resolve any unseen errors on the Contact card.

Let us know if that helps.

If you want to reach Apple Support again, use this link:

Get Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Nov 6, 2022 8:41 PM in response to Rigo_O86

All contacts, iPad, iPhone & MacBook Air.

I bit the bullet and updated the iOS devices and no longer have the problem because the interface has changed. I'm going to have to upgrade the MacBook to Ventura to fix it. Apple techs don't understand the problem and assume users understand less, which never helps resolve an issue. Especially when they are reading from a script. They get an A for effort though

Contacts to Maps are not working correctly on iPhone, iPad and MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.