Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way of changing the order of Finder sidebar groups?

On my old MacBook, running Mojave, the Finder displayed  Locations  at the top of the sidebar.  I’d like to have this arrangement on my new MB running Monterey but it displays  Favourites in this position. 

Is there a way of changing the default order of sidebar groups? I don’t want my drives to be buried (i.e. off screen) below my favourites.

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 4:44 PM

are you not able to just drag and drop them into your desired order? that's how it works here.

before:

after:

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 7, 2022 1:58 AM in response to jeffreythefrog

Indeed I can. Thank you for that. Perhaps I failed to do it initially because the feel of the trackpad was slightly unfamiliar - but some posts from way back suggested that it was not possible. And then an Apple Support person actually told me it was not possible.

It's so easy. Dragging the group name is sufficient. Thanks again

Is there a way of changing the order of Finder sidebar groups?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.