Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Billed multiple times for the same app

I recently downloaded a barcode scanner assuming it was free (the first 2 uses were free) but after the second scan everytime I used it I was charged $8.99 and I used it 6 more times. Being the person I am had I known that it was costing me $8.99 each time I used the app…I would have never made that decision to pay $8.99 per scan. Come on! I have been trying to get a refund for it but the apple.com app is not letting me explain the problem and how many times it happened. Any suggestions!

Thanks

Tony

iPad Pro, 16

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 11:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 12:24 AM

Unknown Charge?

1. App Purchase
    1. Curious about a Charge? --> If you see an 'itunes.com/bill' or an unfamiliar charge on your statement
    2. If you have an issue with an app on App Store or billing --> Request a refund for an App Store or iTunes Store
  2. Subscriptions
    1. You may view a subscription to an app --> See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support
    2. You can also request a refund for a recent renewal of an in-app subscription purchase 

Avoid accidental purchases

1. If it is your device then, please --> Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple ... before handing over a device to a child.
  2. If it is your child's device then in the future, enable the Ask to Buy feature --> Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

It could be Phishing

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2022 12:24 AM in response to ApplianceDoctor

Unknown Charge?

1. App Purchase
    1. Curious about a Charge? --> If you see an 'itunes.com/bill' or an unfamiliar charge on your statement
    2. If you have an issue with an app on App Store or billing --> Request a refund for an App Store or iTunes Store
  2. Subscriptions
    1. You may view a subscription to an app --> See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support
    2. You can also request a refund for a recent renewal of an in-app subscription purchase 

Avoid accidental purchases

1. If it is your device then, please --> Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple ... before handing over a device to a child.
  2. If it is your child's device then in the future, enable the Ask to Buy feature --> Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

It could be Phishing

Billed multiple times for the same app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.