Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M2 IPad Pro won’t stay connected to wifi

My iPad Pro won’t stay connected to wifi. It shows the icon on the top right but nothing happens when trying to use the internet. I do all the troubleshooting and then reconnect the wifi on my iPad. It says it is connected but then the icon on the top right is no longer showing. The only way to get it to reconnect, is reset my router. I am doing this every couple of days and only had the iPad a week. Anyone else having this issue? Also no other devices on my wifi have this issue.

thanks

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 9:01 AM

Multiple reports have been seen within the Apple Support Communities - and external media sources - complaining of issues with new iPad modes inexplicably dropping their WiFi connections.

You would be best advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You might also submit a bug report via Apple’s Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2022 9:01 AM in response to fat_tony1973

Multiple reports have been seen within the Apple Support Communities - and external media sources - complaining of issues with new iPad modes inexplicably dropping their WiFi connections.

You would be best advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You might also submit a bug report via Apple’s Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Nov 29, 2022 7:37 PM in response to fat_tony1973

I work at a Queensland university. We have just replaced our fleet of 2018 11" iPad pros with 60 2022 M2 11" iPad Pros.

On configuring them identically with Apple configurator 2 we noticed that the new M2 version could not connect and stay connected to our University enterprise Wifi. The 2018 version running the same software was able to connect. This is baffling to me as I'm sure they should have been tested thoroughly. Does apple acknowledge there is a wifi problem? Is there a fix in the works?

Otherwise we will have to return them as the teaching program relies on them to be functional.

Dec 23, 2022 6:30 AM in response to fat_tony1973

I tried both the 12.9 inch M2 iPad Pro, as well as two different 11 inch M2 iPad Pros and ran into the same problems. Meanwhile my wife's M1 iPad Pro is perfectly fine. Also had zero issues setting up an M1 Air.

Meanwhile, with both M2 Pros I could barely get through the setup process, since the Wifi kept dropping. From there it dropped the wifi every few minutes - with YouTube barely working, and even google failing to load. I ended up returning both to Apple and noted the issue with the returns.

Obviously something wrong with the M2 Pros.

Dec 30, 2022 8:38 AM in response to mmajeski06

Just a quick update - I ended up purchasing the latest Eero wifi 6E mesh system and that has completely solved my wifi connectivity issues. Zero drops and getting 700mb+ down. I initially tried Google Nest Wifi Pro, but while that also solved the connectivity issues on my iPad Pro, I then experienced similar drops / connectivity issues on my Alienware laptop (seems to be an issue with Google Wifi, as I get amazing performance with Eero on the Alienware as well).

It’s a $500 fix, but at least you also get some pretty great wifi connectivity as well.

M2 IPad Pro won’t stay connected to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.