Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID - will I lose the apps

My daughter has an iPad where she uses my Apple ID for everything including app games.

However, she now has her own phone with her own Apple ID and wants to change her IPad to her Apple ID without losing the games she purchased.

Is this possible? If so how do I do it?

Thanks in advance

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 4:52 PM

The apps won’t get deleted if that is what she’s worried about. But she will not be able to update them with her AppleID.

One solution would be for you to simply set up family sharing and add her as a member. Then she can update apps without having to delete them and repurchase them with her own AppleID.

See -> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2022 4:52 PM in response to Marielou80

The apps won’t get deleted if that is what she’s worried about. But she will not be able to update them with her AppleID.

One solution would be for you to simply set up family sharing and add her as a member. Then she can update apps without having to delete them and repurchase them with her own AppleID.

See -> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Apple ID - will I lose the apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.