Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music I uploaded to iTunes from my own CDs won't play

I have over 3000 songs on my iTunes, and a number of them won't play. I have mix of stuff I purchased through the iTunes store, Apple Music, and my personal collection of a thousand CDs. The problem is on many of the songs I added from my CDs, iTunes is constantly asking me to authorize the computer. I put in my info, it processes, and then proceeds to skip the song. Tried a number of times with no luck. Most of these songs also say they are ineligible for the iTunes cloud. I don't get it. These CDs belong to me. Why is this constantly happening? What's the fix? Do I have to delete them completely from my library and reupload them? It's beyond frustrating.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 4:55 PM

Eric,

I still don't think this fixes my problem. All the songs it says are ineligible for cloud (and won't play are AAC audio files that I copied to iTunes directly from CDs that I own, not purchased from iTunes. These always played in the past, but now most of them no longer do. They are not grayed out, but they keep asking for me to log into my account and then skip the song anyway. There are a few hundred of them. I notice most of the ones I copied say Matched AAC audio file. Is that the issue? Why would this suddenly be happening?

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2022 4:55 PM in response to Eric--F

Eric,

I still don't think this fixes my problem. All the songs it says are ineligible for cloud (and won't play are AAC audio files that I copied to iTunes directly from CDs that I own, not purchased from iTunes. These always played in the past, but now most of them no longer do. They are not grayed out, but they keep asking for me to log into my account and then skip the song anyway. There are a few hundred of them. I notice most of the ones I copied say Matched AAC audio file. Is that the issue? Why would this suddenly be happening?

Nov 7, 2022 5:08 PM in response to ggumbs

Thank you for the reply ggumbs!

Have you tired removing a few of these songs and re-adding them as mentioned earlier? If not, please give that a try. If those specific songs play after re-adding them, we may need to proceed with re-adding the rest of the songs you're having issues with.

Also, let's make sure that your iTunes is up-to-date on your Windows computer. These actions may help resolve unexpected issues:

Update to the latest version of iTunes for Windows 10 - Apple Support

Keep us posted.

Nov 7, 2022 4:24 PM in response to ggumbs

Hey there ggumbs,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We're happy to provide some assistance.

If you can't play a song, the actions under the "If you can’t play a song" section of this article can help:

If you have problems playing music on Mac - Apple Support

If certain songs are grayed out, these actions can help:

If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support

If you continue having issues, try removing some of these songs and re-adding them. This may resolve unexpected issues with specific songs.

Keep us posted.

Have a great day!

Nov 7, 2022 4:45 PM in response to ggumbs

Hello ggumbs,

Thanks for reaching back out and giving us a second chance. We must have missed that detail. Please check this help article:

If you have problems playing music in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

The second article actually covers Windows also:

If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support

If you get a prompt to authorize, check here:

If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases - Apple Support

Thanks.

Nov 7, 2022 5:56 PM in response to Rob_H1

Well, I am not sure why, but when I delete the files in my iTunes that were giving me the problem, everything seems to work again. I tried this with three individual files, uploaded them to the cloud and then tried playing them. No issues. Any idea why this could have happened to so many songs? Frustrating, but at least I know I can fix it.

Music I uploaded to iTunes from my own CDs won't play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.