Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Ventura: YouTube or Video shifting 90 degrees on external monitor with multiple setups

I have a 3 monitor setup, One main (38inc monitor), and two extended vertical (90degrees) displays.

When I watch a video on the main display, like Youtube but not limited to Youtube, the video automatically shifts to 90 degrees unless I move my mouse. If stop moving the mouse, the video shifts 90 degrees.

This only happens to the video, not the main page or any website.

I upgraded to MacOS Ventura, and previous versions ran fine with this setup. I am using a M1Max Macbook pro.

Has anybody come across this bug? How can I fix this as it is very annoying!

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 11:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 6:35 AM

I’ve found a workaround, when the external screen is connected, go to screens and rotate it for 90deg, click on “cancel” on the confirmation dialog (because you don’t want to commit the changes) and that’s it, I have to do this every time I connect the external monitors but… at least is better than the issue hahaha

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2022 6:35 AM in response to fhaneef

I’ve found a workaround, when the external screen is connected, go to screens and rotate it for 90deg, click on “cancel” on the confirmation dialog (because you don’t want to commit the changes) and that’s it, I have to do this every time I connect the external monitors but… at least is better than the issue hahaha

MacOS Ventura: YouTube or Video shifting 90 degrees on external monitor with multiple setups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.