Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 4

I have a LaCie raid drive and several LaCie rugged drives. They are thunderbolt 2.

Is there an adapter I can plug them into my new MacBook m1 pro’s thunderbolt 4 ports??

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 6:47 AM

Hi, Streetbobx, yes, Apple ( and others) make a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter which works both ways and should work fine… However, as you have probably found out, the new crop of M1 MacBook Pro’s have a definite lack of ports… usually you get two, but if you buy the “top end” model, you may get 4… for that reason, I’d also recommend you buy a powered Thunderbolt dock, eventually

hope this helps

John B

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2022 6:47 AM in response to Streetbobx

Hi, Streetbobx, yes, Apple ( and others) make a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter which works both ways and should work fine… However, as you have probably found out, the new crop of M1 MacBook Pro’s have a definite lack of ports… usually you get two, but if you buy the “top end” model, you may get 4… for that reason, I’d also recommend you buy a powered Thunderbolt dock, eventually

hope this helps

John B

Thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.