Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Check blacklist status

I've used multiple imei checkers and some tell me it's blocked or blacklisted and some tell me it's clean.

I'm trying to figure out y that is but if someone can help me

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 8:37 AM

imei checkers are mostly garbage, just scams to convince you to give them money. Here is the one “official” blacklist checker→CTIA Stolen Phone Checker.

Note that there is no world-wide blacklist; this is just the list of CTIA participating carriers. It includes the Americas and Western Europe.

It’s not a good idea to post personal information such as IMEIs in this user-to-user public forum. I’ll ask the hosts to mask them.

Note that if you are considering buying a used phone there are other considerations than IMEI, such as Activation Lock. And the fact that some sellers will sell the phone, then report it stolen to collect insurance, so it will be blacklisted after you bought it. See→The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2022 8:37 AM in response to Samanthakillam

imei checkers are mostly garbage, just scams to convince you to give them money. Here is the one “official” blacklist checker→CTIA Stolen Phone Checker.

Note that there is no world-wide blacklist; this is just the list of CTIA participating carriers. It includes the Americas and Western Europe.

It’s not a good idea to post personal information such as IMEIs in this user-to-user public forum. I’ll ask the hosts to mask them.

Note that if you are considering buying a used phone there are other considerations than IMEI, such as Activation Lock. And the fact that some sellers will sell the phone, then report it stolen to collect insurance, so it will be blacklisted after you bought it. See→The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

Check blacklist status

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.