You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud emails not forwarding

As a security feature I guess the default option was to hide my email when I signed in on different websites. Once known I setup the forwarding option. It’s not working. Where are my emails going? I checked the email, spam, and verified that the setup was done correctly. I also received a email when I logged in to iCloud from the web.

iPhone XR

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 10:44 AM

1 reply

Nov 8, 2022 11:36 AM in response to xqqsmeok

Hi xqqsmeok,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you're not receiving email to your iCloud email account for email addresses you've used with Hide My Email.

Did you happen to disable Hide My Email at any time? If so, this could prevent you from receiving email messages from being forwarded to you. You can learn more about how this feature works here: Learn more about Hide My Email and iCloud+

How Hide My Email works
When you create a new account with an app or website, sign up for a newsletter online, or need to send an email to someone you don't know well, you can use Hide My Email directly from Safari or your iCloud Settings to create a unique, random email address. You can create as many email addresses as you need. If you want, you can refresh your randomly generated email address to generate a new one. After you choose an address, it's unique to you. You can read and respond directly to emails sent to this email address and your personal email address is kept private.
Apple doesn't read or process any of the content in the email messages that pass through Hide My Email, except to perform standard spam filtering that's required to maintain our status as a trusted email provider. All email messages are deleted from our relay servers after they're delivered to you, usually within seconds.
At any time, you can change the email address that receives forwarded messages. Or you can choose to turn off email forwarding to stop receiving messages. You can manage your addresses created with Hide My Email in Settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or on iCloud.com

If you haven't deactivated your account, we would ask that you contact Apple directly to investigate this further with you. You can find their contact details here: Contact Apple Support

Take care!

iCloud emails not forwarding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.