Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Air printer not found

I have a Canon Pixma air printer that has always printed from my iPad. When I tried to print this evening I get “no air printers found”. I have tried turning off the printer and then unplugging it. Plugged it back in and turned it on and my iPad still cannot find the printer. I need help please!

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 7:14 AM

Hi,

Do not forget the router. If there is a problem with device discovery in connection with an AirPrint printer, the following power-cycle procedure (in this order, with these waiting times) can be tested: Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the iPad, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPad. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2022 7:14 AM in response to bev19

Hi,

Do not forget the router. If there is a problem with device discovery in connection with an AirPrint printer, the following power-cycle procedure (in this order, with these waiting times) can be tested: Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the iPad, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPad. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Nov 7, 2022 9:05 AM in response to Jan Hedlund

Thank you for your suggestions Jan. I did forget the router. I followed your instructions and then, the display on the printer had me follow the set up. It had something to do with the WEP on the router. Once I pushed that and held for 5 seconds our issues seem to have disappeared. Thanks for your suggestions!

Air printer not found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.