Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Monterey and Brother printer

Is there a chance that I can use my Brother printer DCP-9015CDWE to my MacBook Pro 13, macOS Monterey version 12.6, and how do I manage this?

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 5:44 PM

Hi,

The Brother DCP-9015CDWE is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support. An AirPrint-enabled model is compatible with macOS, and can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

If there is a problem with device discovery in connection with AirPrint, the following power-cycle procedure (in this order, with these waiting times) can be tested: Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2022 5:44 PM in response to MacOS_Monterey_12_6

Hi,

The Brother DCP-9015CDWE is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support. An AirPrint-enabled model is compatible with macOS, and can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

If there is a problem with device discovery in connection with AirPrint, the following power-cycle procedure (in this order, with these waiting times) can be tested: Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

macOS Monterey and Brother printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.