Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t understand why my card is being declined because I have money so what do I need to do

Why won’t my card work for purchase? I have money in my account

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 8:42 PM

MrsChappy57 Said:

"I don’t understand why my card is being declined because I have money so what do I need to do: Why won’t my card work for purchase? I have money in my account"

-------

Contact your Bank:

Contact your financial institution (bank) pertaining to this card, as this may be being seen as a scam (though that may not be the case). It would be a matter of security for you as a credit card holder. So, call them, letting them know that all os okay to be followed through with.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2022 8:42 PM in response to MrsChappy57

MrsChappy57 Said:

"I don’t understand why my card is being declined because I have money so what do I need to do: Why won’t my card work for purchase? I have money in my account"

-------

Contact your Bank:

Contact your financial institution (bank) pertaining to this card, as this may be being seen as a scam (though that may not be the case). It would be a matter of security for you as a credit card holder. So, call them, letting them know that all os okay to be followed through with.

Nov 8, 2022 8:31 PM in response to MrsChappy57

Hi MrsChappy57,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

The "Related article" above your question has the tips on what to do.

Does your card's expiry date need updating:

If needed: Change, add or remove Apple ID payment methods – Apple Support

If you have disputed a charge, you may need to contact your card-provider to allow payments to Apple.

Else if you have tried everything:

✽. You can check you are properly signed in (to your device) with your Apple ID:

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

✽ You might want to check your card is a payment method Apple can accept in your country or region:

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

✽. You may be trying to purchase something that is not available in your country or region:

Availability of Apple Media Services – Apple Support

Else:

You might want to reach out to the Billing Support Team:

There is a "Get Support" link (or an app) at the bottom of their webpage (link below)

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

I don’t understand why my card is being declined because I have money so what do I need to do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.