Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 Pro abroad support for both SIM and eSIM

I heard that the IPhone 14 pro sold abroad support both SIM and eSIM.

planning to travel out of the US I think I would like to purchase the one for both options.

what is the advantage of not supporting both? And how can I buy that one.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 10:34 AM

The advantage is you have the option of using a physical sim instead of an eSim. This can come in handy in countries where no carriers support eSims.

Do note, the warranty will only be valid in the country of purchase, and you will need to return the iPhone to the country where you buy it for warranty service. No international shipments for service are accepted by Apple.

You can buy one from an Apple Store in a country where Apple has stores.

You cannot buy an iPhone 14 with a physical SIM card in the US.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2022 10:34 AM in response to subaquafer

The advantage is you have the option of using a physical sim instead of an eSim. This can come in handy in countries where no carriers support eSims.

Do note, the warranty will only be valid in the country of purchase, and you will need to return the iPhone to the country where you buy it for warranty service. No international shipments for service are accepted by Apple.

You can buy one from an Apple Store in a country where Apple has stores.

You cannot buy an iPhone 14 with a physical SIM card in the US.

iPhone 14 Pro abroad support for both SIM and eSIM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.