Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Too Many Redirects...Safari Problem?

Safari fails to open submenu items on some websites. Example, on Schwab.com, select a stock then try to open reports. Get message, "Too many redirects occurred trying to open..." Multiple submenu choices get this same message. I saw some old discussions on this board, but no solution. These menu options were available in the past on Safari, but I see some were having similar problems as long ago as 2005.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 11:10 AM

Ultimately, Safari only does what the remote server tells it to - if page A says redirect to page B, and page B says redirect to page A, then it's not exactly Safari's fault.

The other consideration is popups - I've seen other cases where a link tries to open a popup window, which is blocked by Safari preferences, so it tries again, and Safari interprets this as a circular reference.

Check Safari preferences to allow popups temporarily, to see if that solves the problem. If it is the issue then we can craft a solution.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2022 11:10 AM in response to richardchic

Ultimately, Safari only does what the remote server tells it to - if page A says redirect to page B, and page B says redirect to page A, then it's not exactly Safari's fault.

The other consideration is popups - I've seen other cases where a link tries to open a popup window, which is blocked by Safari preferences, so it tries again, and Safari interprets this as a circular reference.

Check Safari preferences to allow popups temporarily, to see if that solves the problem. If it is the issue then we can craft a solution.

Too Many Redirects...Safari Problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.