Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Private browsing disabled

I installed Ventura 13.0 in my MacBook Air M1

Now I cannot enable private browsing I Safari.

Safari Version: 16.1 (18614.2.9.1.12)

Can you help me to enable the private browsing again?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 3:31 PM

Hey restrepoja,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. What happens when you go to File > New Private Window, while using Safari as mentioned in Browse privately in Safari on Mac - Apple Support? Is there an error message, for example or is the option just not there?

If the option is gray and not clickable, one thing that might change your ability to use private browsing would be Screen Time. Particularly, the Content & Privacy settings mentioned in Use Screen Time on your Mac - Apple Support may be stopping this feature. If so, you can disable it from the Apple menu > System Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy > Content Restrictions. From there which option is selected next to 'Access to Web Content'? Try selecting Unrestricted Access if it's not already, then test again.

Best of luck.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2022 3:31 PM in response to restrepoja

Hey restrepoja,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. What happens when you go to File > New Private Window, while using Safari as mentioned in Browse privately in Safari on Mac - Apple Support? Is there an error message, for example or is the option just not there?

If the option is gray and not clickable, one thing that might change your ability to use private browsing would be Screen Time. Particularly, the Content & Privacy settings mentioned in Use Screen Time on your Mac - Apple Support may be stopping this feature. If so, you can disable it from the Apple menu > System Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy > Content Restrictions. From there which option is selected next to 'Access to Web Content'? Try selecting Unrestricted Access if it's not already, then test again.

Best of luck.

Safari Private browsing disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.