Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete existing time machine back ups on venturaOS?

Having set up Time Machine - in VenturaOS - I was not given any options to exclude certain folders during the set up process. I ended up backing up a whole lot more for which I did not have space on the drive allotted for the same.

I want to set up the Time Machine afresh, however forgetting the disk does not erase the old back up nor can I see the back up on that disk however the space seems to have been taken up already. Any help in restoring the space in the drive and setting up a fresh Time Machine back up would be helpful. Many thanks in advance.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 9:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 3:40 AM

Sunilj10 wrote:

Having set up Time Machine - in VenturaOS - I was not given any options to exclude certain folders during the set up process. I ended up backing up a whole lot more for which I did not have space on the drive allotted for the same.

I want to set up the Time Machine afresh, however forgetting the disk does not erase the old back up nor can I see the back up on that disk however the space seems to have been taken up already. Any help in restoring the space in the drive and setting up a fresh Time Machine back up would be helpful. Many thanks in advance.

see if this gets you any further

Erase and reformat a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/disk-utility/dskutl14079/22.0/mac/13.0

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2022 3:40 AM in response to Sunilj10

Sunilj10 wrote:

see if this gets you any further

Erase and reformat a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/disk-utility/dskutl14079/22.0/mac/13.0

How to delete existing time machine back ups on venturaOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.