Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview print dialogue box too large

When I try to print a document when using Preview V 11.0 (1042.1), the printing dialog page is too large that I cannot reach the print icon at the bottom of the box.

The only fix is to go to System Preferences, Display and click on a smaller text screen Icon.

Apple should think about a fix to allow bad eyes users to use adapted scale resolution.

Take care and stay safe!

AL

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 10:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 12:52 AM

I see now. I temporarily changed the resolution on my mac and I confirm that, even with everything at its minimum - I hid the Toolbar and tab bar to make the window as tight as possible - the print and cancel and PDF buttons are nearly completely offscreen.

Besides writing feedback: https://www.apple.com/feedback

here are a few things you can do:

1) Use Enter to print, Escape to cancel - actually, that is what I always do, even with the buttons in sight.

2) If you need to use "Save as PDF", which is hidden under the PDF button/menu, you can add a keyboard shortcut for it.

3) You could try the second option for the resolution, and when needed, temporarily zoom your screen.

I often do that (well, actually I keep the default resolution, and zoom in when needed).

The default to zoom is holding down the Control key, and doing a two finger scroll gesture on the trackpad (Control-scroll up to zoom in, Control-scroll down to zoom out again).

These settings can be changed in System Settings->Accessibility

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2022 12:52 AM in response to antoinefromdubai

I see now. I temporarily changed the resolution on my mac and I confirm that, even with everything at its minimum - I hid the Toolbar and tab bar to make the window as tight as possible - the print and cancel and PDF buttons are nearly completely offscreen.

Besides writing feedback: https://www.apple.com/feedback

here are a few things you can do:

1) Use Enter to print, Escape to cancel - actually, that is what I always do, even with the buttons in sight.

2) If you need to use "Save as PDF", which is hidden under the PDF button/menu, you can add a keyboard shortcut for it.

3) You could try the second option for the resolution, and when needed, temporarily zoom your screen.

I often do that (well, actually I keep the default resolution, and zoom in when needed).

The default to zoom is holding down the Control key, and doing a two finger scroll gesture on the trackpad (Control-scroll up to zoom in, Control-scroll down to zoom out again).

These settings can be changed in System Settings->Accessibility

Preview print dialogue box too large

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.