Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was going to buy a iPhone off of eBay but it is completely locked out.

i was going to buy a phone off of ebay but it is completely locked out. would someone at my local apple store be able to fix this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 1:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 2:12 AM

You intend to buy it from eBay or you did buy it from eBay?

If you have the device you should return it to the seller and ask for a refund. It was not sold in a sellable condition. It is locked to the previous owner which, we have to presume, is also the seller. The device is activation locked and you will need the Apple ID and password to unlock it, although the pervious owner can do it remotely.

See

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

How to remove Activation Lock 

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2022 2:12 AM in response to taylor_sammut

You intend to buy it from eBay or you did buy it from eBay?

If you have the device you should return it to the seller and ask for a refund. It was not sold in a sellable condition. It is locked to the previous owner which, we have to presume, is also the seller. The device is activation locked and you will need the Apple ID and password to unlock it, although the pervious owner can do it remotely.

See

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

How to remove Activation Lock 

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

I was going to buy a iPhone off of eBay but it is completely locked out.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.