Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Apple TV automatically switch to headphones when headphones are turned on?

Hello. I have the Beats Solo 3 headphones. I’d like to have my Apple TV 4K box switch audio output to the headphones automatically when the headphones are turned on, and switch back to the TV speakers when the headphones are turned off. Is this possible? Thanks in advance.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 7:08 AM

Apple TV will notice the headphones becoming available nearby, and offer to connect through notification. Confirm with the remote. [Settings﹥Remotes and Devices﹥Bluetooth﹥Suggest Nearby AirPods﹥On|Off.] Not sure if this function is available for Beats.

Apple TV will pause when the headphones are turned off, when in active use just before. Apple TV will revert to default speakers (e.g. TV speakers) when started without headphones.

If needed, change the audio output in Control Center﹥Audio Controls﹥.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2022 7:08 AM in response to dclark1961

Apple TV will notice the headphones becoming available nearby, and offer to connect through notification. Confirm with the remote. [Settings﹥Remotes and Devices﹥Bluetooth﹥Suggest Nearby AirPods﹥On|Off.] Not sure if this function is available for Beats.

Apple TV will pause when the headphones are turned off, when in active use just before. Apple TV will revert to default speakers (e.g. TV speakers) when started without headphones.

If needed, change the audio output in Control Center﹥Audio Controls﹥.

Can Apple TV automatically switch to headphones when headphones are turned on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.