Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone music through car usb

Hi all,

I’m having issues trying to connect to the usb on my car (was the same on my last car).

it doesn’t have CarPlay but there is a usb connection to play mp3 players etc, but when I plug in my siphoned xr (it’s upto date) it doesn’t recognise any music apps, I would like it to play Spotify on it but it won’t allow it…..is there a special lead to use (the car is a Mercedes.) or do I have to do something to the phone.??

thanks all

Tim

iPhone XR

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 8:27 AM

If your car has a 3.5mm AUX input, you can connect it to your iPhone headphone jack, select the AUX source on your car stereo and play anything you want from any App on your iPhone to your Car stereo. Use the USB for iPhone charging (lightning cable). For advanced functionality, you’ll need to swap your existing stereo for an iPhone or CarPlay compatible stereo.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2022 8:27 AM in response to timanita

If your car has a 3.5mm AUX input, you can connect it to your iPhone headphone jack, select the AUX source on your car stereo and play anything you want from any App on your iPhone to your Car stereo. Use the USB for iPhone charging (lightning cable). For advanced functionality, you’ll need to swap your existing stereo for an iPhone or CarPlay compatible stereo.

Nov 9, 2022 6:44 AM in response to timanita

That would be a question for your Mercedes Benz dealer., however most car stereos without Car Play will only play music from the Music App Library through the USB cable. Unless there's way to select a different App from the Mercedes stereo screen, you won't be able to get music from any other source to it.

I would suggest contacting your Mercedes dealer or your car's user guide to find out what the stereo can do through its USB port. This is not something you can do from the iPhone itself.

iPhone music through car usb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.