Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought the iPad Pro 12.9 6 gen. It says I need a SIM card. Where do I buy one?

I just bought the iPad Pro 12.9 6 gen. It says I need a SIM card. Where do I buy one?

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 8:44 AM

You only require a SIM card if you intend to use a Cellular connection with your iPad. Both WiFi Only and WiFi+Cellular models of iPad can be used with standard WiFi networks.

Should you need Cellular connectivity, you can obtain a DataSIM from your chosen Cellular Carrier. Alternatively, you may be able to active Cellular service using the iPad’s built-in eSIM.

More information about setting-up Cellular can be found here:

Set up cellular data service on your Wi-Fi + Cellular model iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2022 8:44 AM in response to Maureen5705

You only require a SIM card if you intend to use a Cellular connection with your iPad. Both WiFi Only and WiFi+Cellular models of iPad can be used with standard WiFi networks.

Should you need Cellular connectivity, you can obtain a DataSIM from your chosen Cellular Carrier. Alternatively, you may be able to active Cellular service using the iPad’s built-in eSIM.

More information about setting-up Cellular can be found here:

Set up cellular data service on your Wi-Fi + Cellular model iPad - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.