Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Glowing cluster of white spots on iPad

Hey guys I’m new to this community here but recently I noticed a couple of clusters of white spots on my iPad Pro

which seem to be glowing and stay stagnant,they stay consistently in just one spot throughout the usage of multiple apps.

I’ve tried rebooting and also cleaning the screen thoroughly but it doesn’t appear as a smear over the screen when locked.I’d like to add that this problem had never occurred on my iPad 10.2” 2019 model before and just recently I’ve got a third party screen guard fitted over the screen.Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks

iPad Pro

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 8:57 AM

This complaint, in context of bright spots appearing on the screen of an iPad, has been known to appear here with some regularity. This problem was often noted with the iPad Pro 10.5 and the closely related iPad Air3. This is not to say that the problem is itself common, merely that the complaint appears to be common to these models of iPad. Other models of iPad may be similarly affected.

Of complaints that have appeared within this community forum, the issue seems to focus upon bright patches (of varying intensity between affected devices) typically occurring in a region 1-2” above the Home button (as viewed with the iPad in the “Portrait” orientation - with the Home button at the bottom of the screen).

The bright patches appearing on the iPad Pro 10.5 / Air3 screen, where apparent, directly correlate to an area of the underlying logic board that incorporates the electrical connectors for the display - and the touchscreen controller. Other models of iPad may have a different internal layout - and by extension may differ in the location of any bright patches that may appear. Bright patches have been attributed to partial de-lamination of the backlight diffuser from the screen.

Anecdotal comments (from reports appearing within this Support Community) suggest that when “inspected” by technicians, displays exhibiting this phenomena are generally considered to be fault-free - until such time as an inspection relates to a possible trade-in, at which point an affected screen has reportedly been described as having been damaged or defective, significantly reducing or eliminating any residual trade-in value.

The potential issue and its cause have never been publicly acknowledged by Apple.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2022 8:57 AM in response to SJNI

This complaint, in context of bright spots appearing on the screen of an iPad, has been known to appear here with some regularity. This problem was often noted with the iPad Pro 10.5 and the closely related iPad Air3. This is not to say that the problem is itself common, merely that the complaint appears to be common to these models of iPad. Other models of iPad may be similarly affected.

Of complaints that have appeared within this community forum, the issue seems to focus upon bright patches (of varying intensity between affected devices) typically occurring in a region 1-2” above the Home button (as viewed with the iPad in the “Portrait” orientation - with the Home button at the bottom of the screen).

The bright patches appearing on the iPad Pro 10.5 / Air3 screen, where apparent, directly correlate to an area of the underlying logic board that incorporates the electrical connectors for the display - and the touchscreen controller. Other models of iPad may have a different internal layout - and by extension may differ in the location of any bright patches that may appear. Bright patches have been attributed to partial de-lamination of the backlight diffuser from the screen.

Anecdotal comments (from reports appearing within this Support Community) suggest that when “inspected” by technicians, displays exhibiting this phenomena are generally considered to be fault-free - until such time as an inspection relates to a possible trade-in, at which point an affected screen has reportedly been described as having been damaged or defective, significantly reducing or eliminating any residual trade-in value.

The potential issue and its cause have never been publicly acknowledged by Apple.

Glowing cluster of white spots on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.