Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New 2022 Apple TV 4K (3rd generation) with blurry jagged icons and text

Just got the brand new Apple TV 4K, installed it today and on the home screen all app icons appear blurry on the edges with extra color lines spreading beyond the image. Same issue shows on text on some transition screens. Strangely, most of the other graphics is fine. Playing video is also fine, it is just mostly the home screen icons.

Any idea on how to fix this?

ps: My TV is HD and I am using same HDMI cable used in previous Apple TV model (which I am replacing for this newest model). I had no issues in previous Apple TV model.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 11:55 AM

Answering my own question here as reference for people with similar issues (after getting Apple support on the line): Apple TV was for some reason defaulting to 4K resolution, despite my TV not being 4K. Go to Setting, Video&Audio and select the appropriate resolution for your TV, in my case 1080 SDR.

As side note, if you select 1080 HDR and icons are fine but colors look desaturated and greyish, try SDR.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2022 11:55 AM in response to dtmoura

Answering my own question here as reference for people with similar issues (after getting Apple support on the line): Apple TV was for some reason defaulting to 4K resolution, despite my TV not being 4K. Go to Setting, Video&Audio and select the appropriate resolution for your TV, in my case 1080 SDR.

As side note, if you select 1080 HDR and icons are fine but colors look desaturated and greyish, try SDR.

New 2022 Apple TV 4K (3rd generation) with blurry jagged icons and text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.