Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Compromised

Hi, I just joined the community as I am desperate for help, appreciate you all taking the time to read.

Background: My phone was recently stolen. Thief was somehow able to get into the phone, change the password and trusted phone number on my apple id and essentially lock me out of my own account. They have since gone on to do tens of thousands of dollars of fraud using my data. I have filed a police complaint and talked to apple support countless times.

Key Problem: What I am concerned about most is that the thief has access to all my data, including my kids photos and my identity documents. They have been finding new ways to attack my identity every day. When I talk to apple support, they tell me that unless I have the phone number associated with apple id currently needed for account recovery, they can't do anything to help be gain back access or at least erase data on my phone. Given the thief changed phone number, I have no way of knowing this.

Question: Is there any way to escalate a problem to anyone at Apple who can help? I have talked to customer service teams and their supervisors multiple times, but no one can help. Supervisors also told me that they have no way of escalating it further or connecting me with anyone above them.

Any help would be truly appreciated!

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 5:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 11:30 PM

Commiserations on your plight. You have been through a lot, already.

Re: Question: Is there any way to escalate a problem to anyone at Apple who can help?

We are all Apple users, like yourself, in this community, so we don't have access to those at Apple.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Re: Any help would be truly appreciated!

Sorry there's not a lot, (other than "how to": info from Apple Support), that we can contribute:

Eg: Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security – Apple Support

What to do: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

What to do: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Apple support do have various other articles online:

If you wish:

You might want to browse through any that seem to offer a glimmer of a possibility, that you haven't tried:

More on Security

How to: Report a security or privacy vulnerability – Apple Support

Change or remove the payment cards that you use with Apple Pay - Apple Support

Get help with security issues – Apple Support

Security and your Apple ID – Apple Support

Apple ID security overview – Apple Support

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Personal Safety

Personal Safety User Guide – Apple Support

(NB: There is a link to "Table of contents" at the top, to view topics, leading to detailed articles.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Apple ID account access:

Wondering if there is any way you could get into your Apple ID account, and change the access to it

:

Eg: How to: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support

How to: Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

Recover your "forgotten" Apple ID online: https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#

More info: If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support

What to do: If you forgot your Apple ID password – Apple Support

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

About the "Recovery key"

Scroll to see how to use one, if you had set up a recover key:

How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

_____________________________________________________________________-

Account Recovery process

Learn more about using account recovery instead of a recovery key.

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password – Apple Support

____________________________________________________________________________________

Apple Support:

Apple ID Support Team Web-Page:

NB: There is a "Get support" link at the bottom

Apple ID — Official Apple Support

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

All the best :-)

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2022 11:30 PM in response to rkundu

Commiserations on your plight. You have been through a lot, already.

Re: Question: Is there any way to escalate a problem to anyone at Apple who can help?

We are all Apple users, like yourself, in this community, so we don't have access to those at Apple.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Re: Any help would be truly appreciated!

Sorry there's not a lot, (other than "how to": info from Apple Support), that we can contribute:

Eg: Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security – Apple Support

What to do: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

What to do: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Apple support do have various other articles online:

If you wish:

You might want to browse through any that seem to offer a glimmer of a possibility, that you haven't tried:

More on Security

How to: Report a security or privacy vulnerability – Apple Support

Change or remove the payment cards that you use with Apple Pay - Apple Support

Get help with security issues – Apple Support

Security and your Apple ID – Apple Support

Apple ID security overview – Apple Support

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Personal Safety

Personal Safety User Guide – Apple Support

(NB: There is a link to "Table of contents" at the top, to view topics, leading to detailed articles.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Apple ID account access:

Wondering if there is any way you could get into your Apple ID account, and change the access to it

:

Eg: How to: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support

How to: Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

Recover your "forgotten" Apple ID online: https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#

More info: If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support

What to do: If you forgot your Apple ID password – Apple Support

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

About the "Recovery key"

Scroll to see how to use one, if you had set up a recover key:

How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

_____________________________________________________________________-

Account Recovery process

Learn more about using account recovery instead of a recovery key.

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password – Apple Support

____________________________________________________________________________________

Apple Support:

Apple ID Support Team Web-Page:

NB: There is a "Get support" link at the bottom

Apple ID — Official Apple Support

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

All the best :-)

Apple ID Compromised

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.