Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where does it go?

If I accept an airdrop from another, Apple device onto my iPhone, and then delete the AirDrop, where does it go? Can it be retrieved?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 7:04 PM

There is no universal trash. If the ad was a web link and you close it you can go to your web history and reopen it. If you receive a photo and delete it you can recover it from the recently deleted album. Offhand I can’t think of anything else that might be airdropped. A pdf maybe, a word processor file, in general they can’t be recovered.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2022 7:04 PM in response to cirreus

There is no universal trash. If the ad was a web link and you close it you can go to your web history and reopen it. If you receive a photo and delete it you can recover it from the recently deleted album. Offhand I can’t think of anything else that might be airdropped. A pdf maybe, a word processor file, in general they can’t be recovered.

Where does it go?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.