You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove my contacts from my child's iPhone

I just set my child up an account through Family Sharing. Everything is good except all 1349 of my contacts from my phone is in his phone with 10 or so of his friends. How can I remove all of my contacts, or all of them without going one by one?

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 8:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 9:53 PM

When you look deeply you will find that Contacts are neither stored on an iPhone nor on SIM. They are synced to an email account that you may have added and enabled Contacts. It could be Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other email client server.

When you enable Contacts in any of the email accounts they are displayed to you through the Contacts App. When you edit these contacts on an iPhone they are ultimately edited on the client-server.

Check if the email account that stores contacts have also been added to your child's device. Either remove the email account or disable Contacts from the Email Account.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 9, 2022 9:53 PM in response to Rodeovideo

When you look deeply you will find that Contacts are neither stored on an iPhone nor on SIM. They are synced to an email account that you may have added and enabled Contacts. It could be Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other email client server.

When you enable Contacts in any of the email accounts they are displayed to you through the Contacts App. When you edit these contacts on an iPhone they are ultimately edited on the client-server.

Check if the email account that stores contacts have also been added to your child's device. Either remove the email account or disable Contacts from the Email Account.

How to remove my contacts from my child's iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.