Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recently the photos I import don't go to into my Library folder. They sit in my Imports folder. Why, and how do I adjust settings so they go into my Library folder?

Recently the photos I import don't go to into my Library folder. They sit in my Imports folder. Why, and how do I adjust settings so they go into my Library folder?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 5:33 AM

6 replies

Nov 10, 2022 11:12 AM in response to mjfourn

Most common cause: date on the camera set incorrectly. You can correct the date and time at the Image Menu -> Adjust Date and Time. This will cause the image to appear in the expected location in the library.

1. Every photo goes into the Library.
  2. Recents and Imports are not places. They are lists of - recently accessed or recently imported - images that are in the library.
  3. You do not have to transfer them.
  4. I gave you a tip for finding them, it involved no moving at all.

Nov 10, 2022 6:33 AM in response to Yer_Man

Thanks. That did work, but:

1) Photo in questioned appeared in batch of 2015 photos instead of as the most recent photo in Library. I had to scroll way, way back to see if it was there.

2) Why does this happen?

3) Is there a setting to adjust so it doesn't keep happening?

I noticed it just started happening after the latest system update.

Many thanks.

Nov 10, 2022 10:57 AM in response to Yer_Man

I see that the photo says Jan 1, 2015, but it was taken this week. I will ask my cousin the U.K. who took the photo.

Do you know if there are any settings I need to change so that the photos I import go right into the Library instead of hanging out in Imports and Recent folders? I don't want to have to keep transferring them manually with the method you gave me above.

I am a new member of the Apple Support Community and really hate to bother people. Maybe I should bother the Apple Care advisors instead!!!!! :-)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.