Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing Calendar using USB

Calendar syncing from my Mac to the iPhone no longer works.

Even the list of calendars on both devices is different:

Is there a way to relink the calendars?

Regards Herwig

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 12:09 PM

10 replies

Nov 12, 2022 3:59 PM in response to herwig4225

Greetings herwig4225,

To confirm, were you syncing your calendars via iCloud previously or only by physically connecting your iPhone to your computer? If you were syncing your calendars via iCloud, you'll want to try the steps listed below, then complete the remaining steps outlined in the following article. These steps are specific to resolving sync related issues with iCloud Calendars.

1. "Check the system status of iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders to check for services outages or connection issues.
  2. If a reminder isn't showing up on some of your devices, make sure that your iPhone and iPad have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, or that your Mac has the latest version of macOS.
  3. Make sure that you're signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on all of your devices. Then, check that you turned on Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders in your iCloud settings.
  4. Check the date and time settings on your device to make sure they're correct for your current location."

If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync

If you're syncing your contacts via your computer all the time we see from the screenshot that "Selected Calendars" is the chosen option when syncing. Have you selected the desired calendars to sync between your devices? The reason we ask is to ensure we walk through the proper troubleshooting steps to reach a resolution.

Have a great day!

Dec 2, 2022 7:14 AM in response to James Richards

To smooth my workflow:

1. I used Automator to create an App which simply launches Photos and SyncMate, and
  2. then I used the Action button in the Image Capture toolbar for my iPhone and selected that App to be opened whenever the iPhone is connected.

If you only want SyncMate to launch you can omit the first step and simply choose SyncMate in the second step as the App to be opened.

Nov 14, 2022 12:35 PM in response to Henderson_86

I am having this problem too. I posted the following elsewhere in usb sync calendar in ventura - Apple Community

Calendars 'On My Mac' in the Calendar app do not appear in the list of calendars for USB syncing.

Calendars which I sync via Google are shown all right, but not the Calendars which are 'On My Mac' and which I previously synced via USB.

As far as I can remember, everything was all right until an Apple advisor had me turn iCloud off and on again. This then uploaded all the calendars 'On My Mac'. I then ended up with duplicate events in those calendars when I turned iCloud off again. I manually deleted all the duplicate events (!), but the calendars 'On My Mac' would no longer sync via USB, nor did they appear in the list of calendars to be synced in the dialog shown above.

I got onto Apple Support again with a most helpful and friendly advisor but having referred it to the engineers she told me that they said that now the link with iCloud has been established no new calendars 'On My Mac' will be shown for USB syncing. This is the case even for a new User created. Clearly some 'switch' has been thrown, either on my Mac or in iCloud to make this happen, and since it appears to be irreversible, I am very put out that it happened without any warning at all.

iCloud is not a good option for me since form time to time I need to sync calendars between my iPhone and my MacBook Pro without having internet access.

Has anyone else come across this? Has anyone found a solution or a workaround?

MacBook Pro 13" 2020 running OS Ventura 13.0.1 (22A400). iPhone 6s running iOS 15.7.1

Nov 12, 2022 4:42 PM in response to Todd0213

Hello Todd0213,

I did never use iCloud, I always synced using cable or WLAN.

Normally using "All calendars". I switched to "Selected calendars" to make it better readable for the screenshot.

Further I tried to delete the calendars on the iPhone and then use "Advanced:.. Replace Calendars".

I did not get the Calendars from the Mac to the phone - I got the calendars it had before which I could see because of missing appointments on each side.

It seems iCal on Mac and the syncing application use completely different databases.

Regards Herwig

Nov 17, 2022 11:36 AM in response to James Richards

It's not a solution, mabe not even a workaround, and it was a lot of work:

I'm not too happy about it, but have decided to use ICloud for the calendars, and only for those. I continue to synchronize the other data via USB or WLAN.

First I had to merge the device's calendars into the iCloud calendars.

After doing this on both devices I had all the appointments in the calendars but unfortunately the ones that did sync before the problem started were now duplicated.

In the next step i removed all duplicates.

At first glance it looked fine, but changes were still not syncing.

I had to touch every individual appointment by moving them to a different calendar and then back, e.g. Home -> Work -> Home.

That has finally led to the goal, now changes are transferred to the other device.

My Opinion: A lot of effort for something that should work out of the box.

Herwig

Nov 30, 2022 8:57 AM in response to herwig4225

I have found a third party solution which seems to be working all right. It is SyncMate from Eltima https://mac.eltima.com/mac-sync-calendar.html

It looks as if there is some quite powerful paid-for stuff there, but currently what is available at the free level is proving good enough to do what I want. I am able to select my 'On My Mac' calendars for synchronising. It is a bit sluggish, but I may be able to improve that by adjusting some settings. Also it is USB sync only, and not by WiFi, and the facility to sync automatically when connecting is only available on the paid version. (At the time of writing, the paid version costs $39.95 for up to two Macs, $59.95 for up to six Macs)

All that said, It will certainly do for me for now.

Syncing Calendar using USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.