Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Posting Pictures on Facebook on

In regards to posting pictures on Facebook, has anyone else lost the ability to select a picture from an "Album" in the drop down on Photos? When I click on Add Pictures, This began after I upgraded to Ventura. Not a life changer, but it is a pain in the butt to look for a photo in the entire library.

However, when I add a picture to a document and I click on photos, the "library" drop down appears.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 6:19 AM

Bobm711 wrote:

In regards to posting pictures on Facebook, has anyone else lost the ability to select a picture from an "Album" in the drop down on Photos? When I click on Add Pictures, This began after I upgraded to Ventura. Not a life changer, but it is a pain in the butt to look for a photo in the entire library.
However, when I add a picture to a document and I click on photos, the "library" drop down appears.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/f33d002f-9de3-4b37-bbd1-b0f9ad26da05
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/58ae8144-93ca-4ca4-b8aa-2aa56e91eeec

I always drag to the desktop first any photos I want to add to/upload to facebook webpage.

"Sharing" has been limited going back several macOS now

— You do not say what macOS(?) you came from when you say "upgraded to Ventura"...

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn't working as ...

Other thoughts — you can see if your web browser is allowed to access Photos from the browser in

>System Settings>Security & Privacy>Photos

ref

Controlling app access to files in macOS - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2022 6:19 AM in response to Bobm711

Bobm711 wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/f33d002f-9de3-4b37-bbd1-b0f9ad26da05
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/58ae8144-93ca-4ca4-b8aa-2aa56e91eeec

I always drag to the desktop first any photos I want to add to/upload to facebook webpage.

"Sharing" has been limited going back several macOS now

— You do not say what macOS(?) you came from when you say "upgraded to Ventura"...

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn't working as ...

Other thoughts — you can see if your web browser is allowed to access Photos from the browser in

>System Settings>Security & Privacy>Photos

ref

Controlling app access to files in macOS - Apple Support

Nov 11, 2022 8:27 AM in response to leroydouglas

Under Privacy& Security - Photos, I do have Google and Safari Checked. Prior to Ventura, I was using Monterey without any problem. When I went back to Facebook today and tried to post again, instead of Photos I clicked on Movies in the sidebar. The "Album" drop down appeared for that selection. I went on to do something else. When I returned to try again, the drop down selection in Movies disappeared and Albums option was no longer there.

The is a workaround and I will open my "Photos" app running in the background. When I need to post, I will drag and drop the photo I need.

I still need to know what changes were made. I will probably make a phone call to Apple in the near future.

Thanks much for your reply!

Nov 11, 2022 8:29 AM in response to Bobm711

Bobm711 wrote:

Under Privacy& Security - Photos, I do have Google and Safari Checked. Prior to Ventura, I was using Monterey without any problem. When I went back to Facebook today and tried to post again, instead of Photos I clicked on Movies in the sidebar. The "Album" drop down appeared for that selection. I went on to do something else. When I returned to try again, the drop down selection in Movies disappeared and Albums option was no longer there.
The is a workaround and I will open my "Photos" app running in the background. When I need to post, I will drag and drop the photo I need.
I still need to know what changes were made. I will probably make a phone call to Apple in the near future.
Thanks much for your reply!

Call Customer Support  (800) MYAPPLE (800–692–7753)

Posting Pictures on Facebook on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.