Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

to many photos on my iPhone what to do

I have way to many photos and videos on my iPhone - is there a quick way to move them without deleting? I have iCloud storage as well, but no room left on my phone.

iPhone 8

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 5:05 PM

2 replies

Nov 10, 2022 5:09 PM in response to Mynne

Mynne Said:

"to many photos on my iPhone what to do: I have way to many photos and videos on my iPhone - is there a quick way to move them without deleting? I have iCloud storage as well, but no room left on my phone."

-------

Two Thoughts:

A. Export to your Computer:

If you want, you could upload these photos from your iPhone to your computer, directly off of your iPhone. You would manage the files from your computer, using the Photos app.. Go Here: Transfer Photos and Videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

or...

B. Upgrade iCloud Storage:

Or, you could upload these to iCloud and then download them to your MacGo Here: Use iCloud Photos to Store Photos in iCloud - Apple Support

Here is the pricing plan (in USD):

--- 50GB: $0.99

--- 200GB: $2.99

--- 2TB: $9.99

Go Here:

Nov 10, 2022 5:12 PM in response to Mynne

Go to Settings/[your name]/iCloud/Photos and turn on Optimize iPhone Storage. This will reduce the photos on the phone to about 14 size and resolution, but leave full size in iCloud. You can’t move the photos to iCloud, because iCloud is a syncing service, so if you delete photos from your phone they will also be deleted from iCloud.

Other options are to transfer your photos to a folder on your computer (not Apple Photos, because it also syncs to iCloud), or sync them to a true archiving service such as Google Photos, Amazon Photos, Dropbox, Box.com, Shutterfly, etc. All of these have iPhone apps that will make the process automatic and unobtrusive.

to many photos on my iPhone what to do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.