Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tried everything you advised. Nothing is working. iMovie launches and just keeps chugging along but not opening.

I recently updated my operating system to Ventura and now my iMovie will not open. Nothing is working. I tried all the solutions offered.

iMovie launches and just keeps chugging along but not opening.

iMac

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 5:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 5:48 PM

You didn't mention what other solutions were offered. However, try booting up in Safe Mode and, after everything loads, immediately shut down and reboot in normal mode. Then see if iMovie works properly. See the link below for instructions.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

You can also try opening iMovie in a new library. To do that, open iMovie while holding down the Option key and create a new library from the box that appears. See whether iMovie will open in the new library.

-- Rich

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2022 5:48 PM in response to LisaHenryLacek

You didn't mention what other solutions were offered. However, try booting up in Safe Mode and, after everything loads, immediately shut down and reboot in normal mode. Then see if iMovie works properly. See the link below for instructions.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

You can also try opening iMovie in a new library. To do that, open iMovie while holding down the Option key and create a new library from the box that appears. See whether iMovie will open in the new library.

-- Rich

I tried everything you advised. Nothing is working. iMovie launches and just keeps chugging along but not opening.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.