Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving Numbers docs to an external drive

Is it possible to save Numbers docs to an external drive? I keep getting a message that warns me it won't save older versions, or something like that. It's confusing. I'd like to save the file in the same folder as the images that it represents.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 6:51 AM

It will save the document but the versioning feature (where it saves previous versions/revisions that you can "revert" to) will not save the past versions. I don't know why that is, but it is. I think, but not sure, that it may be related to the format of the drive (and also with network drives, which could be the format or the protocol).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2022 6:51 AM in response to Philips Scalia

It will save the document but the versioning feature (where it saves previous versions/revisions that you can "revert" to) will not save the past versions. I don't know why that is, but it is. I think, but not sure, that it may be related to the format of the drive (and also with network drives, which could be the format or the protocol).

Saving Numbers docs to an external drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.