Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spotlight Search

I am using an M2 Macbook Air and I just upgraded to macOS Ventura (13.0.1) recently and it has come to my notice that Spotlight Search does not show images from internet and take note that i have done several restarts and shutdowns and also ran first AID on the disk and everything seems fine

MacBook Air, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 9:26 AM

1 reply

Nov 13, 2022 1:14 PM in response to SteveJoshua

Hello SteveJoshua,

You've walked through great steps to help with Spotlight Search on your Mac. In addition to the steps you've tried thus far, have you rebuilt Spotlight index? If not, this can help with resolving issues with Spotlight Search. You can find the steps for rebuilding Spotlight index below, and listed in the following article.

1. "Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Spotlight.
  2. Click the Privacy tab.
  3. Drag the disk or folder that you want to index again to the list of locations that Spotlight is prevented from searching. Or click the add button (+) and select the disk or folder to add.
  4. From the same list of locations, select the disk or folder that you just added. Then click the remove button (–) to remove it from the list.
  5. Quit System Preferences. Spotlight will reindex the contents of the disk or folder. This can take some time, depending on the amount of information being indexed."

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac

Let us know how that goes!

Spotlight Search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.