Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why the QuickBooks is crashing with the new updates?

QuickBooks Desktop r1 2023 update is worse than its other versions as it crashes again and again. It has been 3 days in continuation and I can't still open my company file in QBDT. It crashes and when I called to Intuit support they told me that this problem can only be resolved by Apple. Can anyone guide me here, on how to fix the QuickBooks Closes unexpectedly in mac?

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 6:02 PM

Try booting into Safe Mode to see if that helps as it prevents third party software from automatically launching during boot & login.

If you are running any anti-virus apps, cleaning/optimizer apps, or third party security software, then uninstall them by following the developer's instructions. These types of apps are not needed on a Mac and usually cause more problems than they solve because they interfere with the normal operation of macOS and also impact performance.

What updates are you talking about? QuickBook updates or macOS updates? If macOS, what version of macOS are you running? Is QuickBooks even compatible with the version of macOS you are running? The "r1" designation along with "2023" tells me that you may be running a beta version of QuickBooks which in itself can be unstable if it has not been publicly released. If Intuit provided you with this version, then it may indicate they are aware of issues and hoped it would solve them for you.

If Intuit says your version of Quick Books is compatible with your version of macOS and Safe Mode doesn't help, then perform a clean install of macOS by erasing the drive & reinstalling macOS. Do not migrate/restore from a backup and do not install any third party apps except for the latest version of QuickBooks.

If you still have the issue with a clean install (as I described), then you need to push Intuit to resolve the issue as they are responsible to make their app work with macOS (if Intuit is claiming the app is compatible with your version of macOS). Apple can do whatever they want with the OS, even breaking all third party apps. It is up to the third party app developer to make sure their apps work with whatever changes Apple makes to macOS. Maybe in the end a future macOS update will fix the issue, but that is not your problem since you have no idea what updates & fixes Apple is planning (or what problems Apple is aware of). If Intuit believes Apple is at fault, then Intuit needs to talk to Apple to resolve the problem. Either Apple realizes they need to fix something, or maybe Apple will guide the developer on how to fix their app. If Intuit claims Quick Books is compatible with your version of macOS

You can always provide Apple with product feedback here, so if enough people report it maybe Apple will take notice (Apple won't respond):

Product Feedback - Apple

You can also contact Apple support directly, but they will likely have you do what I've already listed above.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2022 6:02 PM in response to Jamesthecpa

Try booting into Safe Mode to see if that helps as it prevents third party software from automatically launching during boot & login.

If you are running any anti-virus apps, cleaning/optimizer apps, or third party security software, then uninstall them by following the developer's instructions. These types of apps are not needed on a Mac and usually cause more problems than they solve because they interfere with the normal operation of macOS and also impact performance.

What updates are you talking about? QuickBook updates or macOS updates? If macOS, what version of macOS are you running? Is QuickBooks even compatible with the version of macOS you are running? The "r1" designation along with "2023" tells me that you may be running a beta version of QuickBooks which in itself can be unstable if it has not been publicly released. If Intuit provided you with this version, then it may indicate they are aware of issues and hoped it would solve them for you.

If Intuit says your version of Quick Books is compatible with your version of macOS and Safe Mode doesn't help, then perform a clean install of macOS by erasing the drive & reinstalling macOS. Do not migrate/restore from a backup and do not install any third party apps except for the latest version of QuickBooks.

If you still have the issue with a clean install (as I described), then you need to push Intuit to resolve the issue as they are responsible to make their app work with macOS (if Intuit is claiming the app is compatible with your version of macOS). Apple can do whatever they want with the OS, even breaking all third party apps. It is up to the third party app developer to make sure their apps work with whatever changes Apple makes to macOS. Maybe in the end a future macOS update will fix the issue, but that is not your problem since you have no idea what updates & fixes Apple is planning (or what problems Apple is aware of). If Intuit believes Apple is at fault, then Intuit needs to talk to Apple to resolve the problem. Either Apple realizes they need to fix something, or maybe Apple will guide the developer on how to fix their app. If Intuit claims Quick Books is compatible with your version of macOS

You can always provide Apple with product feedback here, so if enough people report it maybe Apple will take notice (Apple won't respond):

Product Feedback - Apple

You can also contact Apple support directly, but they will likely have you do what I've already listed above.

Why the QuickBooks is crashing with the new updates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.