Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I need to pay just to get free apps

Why do I need a form of payment to down load free apps?

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 12:39 PM

Needing a form of payment is not the same as paying. You don’t need to pay to get free apps, but you do need a VALID form of payment in your account, as it can be used to verify your address, age and other information needed to set up an account. There are ways to remove a payment method if you have no apps with in-app purchasing features and no subscriptions. Here’s guidance of valid forms of payment→Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support and here is information about removing payment information→If you can't choose None when you edit your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2022 12:39 PM in response to Schadejames

Needing a form of payment is not the same as paying. You don’t need to pay to get free apps, but you do need a VALID form of payment in your account, as it can be used to verify your address, age and other information needed to set up an account. There are ways to remove a payment method if you have no apps with in-app purchasing features and no subscriptions. Here’s guidance of valid forms of payment→Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support and here is information about removing payment information→If you can't choose None when you edit your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

Why do I need to pay just to get free apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.