Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminders not syncing properly

My ipad and iphone are both on the latest software update. Both have icloud turned on for Reminders. I have reset both of them by toggling the icloud reminders button. I have restarted the app in both. When I add a reminder on my ipad, it shows up on my iphone. However, when I add a reminder on my iphone, it doesn't show up on my ipad. So I have sync in one direction. Does anyone know how to fix this issue so I can get reminders to sync in both directions? If I interact with a reminder on my iphone that came from my ipad. Click it done, for example. That will get to my ipad and the task will show as done. So it seems like the add button on my phone ios for reminders doesn't push to the cloud.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 3:00 AM

I have the same problem with my iPhone XS, iPad Pro and MacBook. Reminders is not syncing correctly across the 3 devices. Other apps like Calendar and Notes work fine.

Please let me know if you resolve it.

Similar questions

10 replies

Dec 1, 2022 11:51 AM in response to Gary Kindt

Thanks for this note Gary. I don't have a solution yet. I have found that messages seems to have the same issue. If I initiate a message string using my phone it doesn't show up on my ipad or mac, but if I initiate it on the ipad or mac it will show up on my phone. I am wondering if it is an email versus phone number issue.

Nov 13, 2022 2:44 PM in response to errtrk

Hello errtrk,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with syncing Reminders. Try the steps listed here to see if they resolve the issue: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Support

"Things to check first

1. Check the system status of iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders to check for services outages or connection issues.
  2. If a reminder isn't showing up on some of your devices, make sure that your iPhone and iPad have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, or that your Mac has the latest version of macOS.
  3. Make sure that you're signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on all of your devices. Then, check that you turned on Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders in your iCloud settings.
  4. Check the date and time settings on your device to make sure they're correct for your current location."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Nov 13, 2022 4:03 PM in response to K_Faith

I tried that. Didn’t fix the issue. I can add a reminder on my iPad it shows up on my iPhone. I can edit it on my iPhone, the edit shows up on my iPad. If I add a reminder on my iPhone, it does not show up on the iPad. When I toggle the reminder iCloud button it removes all reminders. Any added with the iPhone do not return when iCloud is turned back on. All reminders added with iPad return after an iCloud toggle. The reminders in iOS add button doesn’t appear to push to iCloud. Edit works.

Dec 1, 2022 11:06 AM in response to errtrk

errtrk

I have the exact same problem with my new iPhone 14 pro not syncing to iCloud and reminders not showing up on my iPad or Mac but not vice versa. I have spent 2 long 1hr sessions with Apple support but they have not solved the problem yet. They have submitted many screen shots,etc to the Engineers but I haven't heard back yet. If you solve this problem, please post and I'll do the same.

Dec 31, 2022 9:33 AM in response to errtrk

I’m having the exact same problem. Reminders work perfectly on my Macs, iPad, even my Watch. I have a shared Reminders list with my spouse that works flawlessly.

Except on my iPhone. Anything I create, check off, or delete on the iPhone is only reflected on the iPhone. Anything done in iCloud or any other device that’s properly synced appears on the iPhone. It’s just the iPhone refuses to send its updated info to iCloud.

What really gets me is my Watch even syncs correctly…

I’ve tried turning off Reminders in iCloud settings on my iPhone, turning off iCloud completely on my iPhone, and all the other troubleshooting steps referenced in the Apple support doc, with no change in symptoms.

Reminders not syncing properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.