Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple update affected printers

To the nice person who responded to my email earlier today (11/11) regarding the Apple update affecting my printers so sorry as I was responding my cat decided to jump on the keypad and my response went MIA as did your email request.

Epson printer is ET-2760

Canon isMF644Cdw.

My MacBook version is 12.6.1,

iPhone is 16.1.1

iPad is 16.1.

All worked until Apple update. My printers are air print off of my wifi or cellular.

I hard reset the printers, nothing. I tried to update the printer software and I have the newest version.

Thank you for your help

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 3:27 AM

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

Latest update installed on my iPhone, iPa… - Apple Community

The Epson ET-2760 and Canon MF644Cdw are listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support.

AirPrint-enabled printers can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printers and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

Printing from an iPhone or an iPad is also possible (without an additional app), if these devices are connected to that same Wi-Fi network.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You may have tried to reset the printing system and re-add the printer to use AirPrint. If necessary, please see the following links for details.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

The router is important in this context. If there is a problem with device discovery in connection with AirPrint, the following power-cycle procedure (in this order, with the waiting times) can be tested:

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printers, the Mac, the iPhone, the iPad, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printers. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Power on the iPhone and the iPad. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2022 3:27 AM in response to lynn1845

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

Latest update installed on my iPhone, iPa… - Apple Community

The Epson ET-2760 and Canon MF644Cdw are listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support.

AirPrint-enabled printers can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printers and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

Printing from an iPhone or an iPad is also possible (without an additional app), if these devices are connected to that same Wi-Fi network.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You may have tried to reset the printing system and re-add the printer to use AirPrint. If necessary, please see the following links for details.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

The router is important in this context. If there is a problem with device discovery in connection with AirPrint, the following power-cycle procedure (in this order, with the waiting times) can be tested:

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printers, the Mac, the iPhone, the iPad, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printers. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Power on the iPhone and the iPad. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Apple update affected printers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.