Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

whatsapp backup

Dear Community,

My WhatsApp app is locked and cant access it now unfortunately. But as per whatsapp pop up message on screen it is showing all my chats are still in this device and also its showing 46.5gb size of whatsapp in my iphone storage. but my icloud storage is showing only 1 gb size of whatsapp and 4gb for photos. i'm using XS max...

i have contacted one of the apple support team member, as per him i should clean up space in icloud and check if whatsapp auto backup or no. Today i checked my icloud storage size its showing 1.3gb for whatsapp and rest is empty space.

kindly advice how can i get all my 46.5gb data specially chats as i am not able to open the app due to locked by whatsapp and i dont want to uninstall the app because of data loss fear.

Note: Please note that i'm not getting any support from Whatsapp for this matter. The only way to contact Whatsapp is support email i-e no contact number or live chat. So I have sent many emails but there comes auto reply with same text every time for all my different emails.

Really appreciate your understanding and looking for the kind advice and guidance.

Thanks,

Shan

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XS Max, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 9:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 4:37 AM

You’ll need to contact WhatsApp support. It’s not an Apple product. For what it’s worth, it seems your data may be irrecoverable.

Similar questions

1 reply

whatsapp backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.